Research has shown that remote employees are happier, more engaged, and productive employees, offering a great benefit to any company. The author explains that costs for a company can actually decrease, as there are no office or infrastructure costs with remote employees. There are economic and time savings implications for both the employer and the employee.
- Here is a question I get a bunch.…Why on earth would a company…agree to let its employees work wherever they wanted…without strict supervision from a manager?…Well, I for one can tell you that as a remote employee…I am happier, I am more productive and more engaged,…all things that help an employer's bottom line.…Actually there are lots of benefits…to employers and employees,…and believe it or not, communities and the environment.…Let me explain a little bit.…
Do you know how much it costs to house an employee…in an office building?…It is estimated that employer pays an extra 30%…of an employee's salary in just infrastructure costs…to keep them productive in an office.…The phone, the desk, the cubicle,…the heating, the electricity,…and the square footage of office space they consume.…The list goes on.…Those numbers go down considerably…when an employee is remote.…So as a result, the employer needs to purchase…less office space and less stuff…for an employee to accomplish the same job.…
Okay, okay, I know, your next question,…
- Explain the benefits of a remote job position.
- Identify three technologies a person should master in order to work effectively in a remote position.
- Determine what to do if a recruiter asks for sensitive information before describing a job.
- Recognize three important things to consider when preparing for a remote interview.
- Determine the most important question to ask during a hiring interview.
- Summarize the next action to take after receiving a compensation offer.