Join Valerie Sutton for an in-depth discussion in this video Helpful interview resources, part of Master Common Interview Questions.
- This course has gotten you started on how to answer…some of the more common questions…you might encounter on a job interview.…No matter what question you get, it always comes down…to why should I hire you?…There are many resources you can use to continue…to build these skills.…You may want to start with my Acing the Interview course…where I talk about how to anticipate specific questions…based on a job description.…I also cover body language and how important it is…in sending the right message.…You may also want to consider some outside resources.…
There are many practice interview websites.…One of my favorites is Interview Stream.…If you are still affiliated with your university,…you may want to check with the career or alumni offices…for additional resources.…Interviews can be nerve-wracking but don't forget…not only is the company interviewing you,…but you are interviewing them to make sure the job…is the right fit.…So go into your interview with confidence and knowledge…that you have what it takes to do the job.…
- Tell me about your strengths
- Tell me about your weaknesses
- Why are you interested in our company?
- Why did you leave your previous company?
- Tell me how you handled a difficult situation
- What questions do you have?
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. The Who and What of the Interview
Types of interview questions1m 35s
2. Common Question 1
3. Common Question 2
4. Common Question 3
5. Common Question 4
6. Common Question 5
7. Common Question 6
8. Common Question 7
9. Common Question 8
10. Common Question 9
11. Common Question 10
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.