Get clear on what you want and need to be happy in a new job. Start by identifying your core priorities and values. Then articulate what aspects of a job offer are non-negotiable to you? Are you clear on what you're willing to give up if you received a great offer that met some of your core needs? Understand how to evaluate what you want against what you might be offered. Complete a practice worksheet using a simple 3-step formula.
- Have you ever stopped to think…about what you really want in a career?…What will truly make you happy?…What makes a job the right fit for you?…It's pretty natural for us to jump into a job search…without pausing to think about what it is…we truly want and need to make a new…job opportunity a smart career move.…Sometimes we're attracted to a company's brand,…a prestigious job title, or even a salary amount,…and don't think about what will support…our longer term career goals.…
Taking the time to get clear on what you want and need…in a new role will help you evaluate…if the role meets those needs.…You can do just that by using this…simple three step formula.…Take a moment to download the exercise file,…getting clear on what you want, to record your answers.…The first question to think about is what are my must haves?…When you think about the next one to three years,…what's most important to you?…This question really comes down to values.…
Think about where you're at in your life right now…and where you want to be in the near future.…
- Analyze a position and salary range.
- Define what you want from a new position.
- Evaluate a job offer.
- Identify tactics and myths for negotiating salary.
- Prepare for negotiating in special situations.
- Assess the best way to give notice at your old job.