- View Offline
Discover how to understand your strengths and value, where your skills fit into today's job market, and how to translate your experience into a solid resume. Learn how a mentor can help you navigate the transition and open up new opportunities. With Flo's advice, you can find a new purpose and continue the journey you started in the military—bringing your talents to bear on a whole new mission in life.
- Taking initiative
- Understanding your value
- Translating your experiences
- Building your resume
- Using a mentor
- Setting realistic expectations
- Building a network
- Transitioning into a new job
- Bonus videos featuring stories of transition from veterans
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- My name is Florent Groberg, and I am a retired army captain. - My name's Ben Harrow, and I was a captain in the U.S. Army Special Forces. - My name's Spencer Milo, and I retired as a staff sergeant in the United States Army. - My name's Jarod Shepherd. I was a sergeant in the United States Infantry and a 35 Juliet Communication Specialist. - Since I was little I dreamed of being in the military. I dreamed of wearing a uniform. When I had the opportunity to take that step, I did. That dream came to an end on August 8, 2012.
And I didn't know where to go from there. I was lost. I had to make that transition from military to civilian life. That journey has not been perfect, but along the way, I picked up quite a few different tips. And some advice that I want to share with you, and help you during your transition. You will hear about my story, you will also hear from other mentors and friends who have also transitioned successfully. Finding your purpose after active duty is tough.
With the advice and help, you will get from this course, you will be better prepared to take that next step.