Understand how to find and research job roles, job descriptions, and salaries. Learn how to use job boards and online forums to find jobs. Consider the mindset of hiring managers.
- More than 90% of recruiters are using social networking…and online tools to find and attract job candidates.…So for those of you who already on the social platforms,…it's important that your profiles, content,…the images you're posting and your contacts…are strong for the work you want to do.…If you haven't built your online profiles…and aligned them with your career goals or job goals,…then you're gonna want to do that pretty soon.…There are some great online job boards and forums…where industry professionals and hiring managers…are posting jobs and actually looking through resumes.…
For instance, online there's LinkedIn, Indeed,…Glassdoor, Startjobs, CareerBuilder, and Monster.…There are online job platforms…that skew more to tech workers,…such as Dice.com and Glassdoor.…The more creative industries like advertising and marketing…tend to use other platforms like Craigslist and Monster.com.…Before you approach the online job site…or even a company's own website career section,…consider what's likely going through…
Personal branding expert Lida Citroën shows you how to present yourself to employers in the best light, from your resume to your social media presence, to your interview attire. Lida also shares best practices for finding and applying to jobs, and setting yourself up for success before graduation. She helps you understand how to use social media strategically to network with future coworkers and mentors, and research the companies you really want to work for. Her advice is focused on helping you find a good fit with an employer that matches your passion, salary requirements, and values.
- Selling "you" and building your brand
- Leveraging an internship
- Finding your network
- Identifying your ideal employer
- Finding jobs online and in person
- Competing with others
- Writing resumes and cover letters
- Acing the interview