In this video tutorial, watch an example of how two people answered the common interview question are you willing to relocate or travel. Valerie Sutton, director Career Services at Harvard Graduate School of Education, analyzes their answers and offers tips on how to best address this interview question and ways to improve.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Lets take a look at how job candidates…answer the question, are you willing to travel?…This is an easy answer if your preference is to travel,…but if you're unsure, you'll want to get more information…from the interviewer about the schedule or frequency.…Tom is interviewing for an entry level position…as a UX designer who may have to travel in the future.…- Are you willing to travel?…- I'm really excited about your educational clients,…and I know you have healthcare clients, as well,…and so, I just wanna know how am I gonna be traveling…and where am I gonna be assigned to in those areas…and how they're handled.…
- Well, for starters, we usually handle it…by assigning people through areas.…- Okay.…- In this example, Tom is a maybe,…and feels it may not be necessary to travel…if he can work on local education sector clients.…He conveys his strong interest in the position,…shows that he has done his research on the clients,…and asks specific questions…that can help him make a better decision.…Now let's see how someone in the training…
- Tell me about your strengths
- Tell me about your weaknesses
- Why are you interested in our company?
- Why did you leave your previous company?
- Tell me how you handled a difficult situation
- What questions do you have?
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. The Who and What of the Interview
Types of interview questions1m 35s
2. Common Question 1
3. Common Question 2
4. Common Question 3
5. Common Question 4
6. Common Question 5
7. Common Question 6
8. Common Question 7
9. Common Question 8
10. Common Question 9
11. Common Question 10
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.