Office politics has been around since Roman times. In this video, Roberta Matuson, The Talent Maximizer, demystifies office politics in the workplace and provides advice on how you can use politics to your benefit. No matter what your personal feelings are about office politics, you’re in the game, so develop a strategy, and play to win.
- In my first executive job,…I got taken out by a wave I never saw coming.…Office politics.…I had no idea there were so many unwritten rules at work,…nor did I understand how office politics works.…Since then, I have become an expert on office politics…and now successfully coach clients…through sticky political situations.…So let me give you some tips to deal…with office politics like a pro.…
Office politics is a game that is played…in every organization, non-profit, government agency,…private company, or family owned businesses.…There is always a round of politics being played somewhere.…So it's important to understand…that politics isn't just about manipulation.…It's about using power effectively.…When I talk about power, I'm talking about…the ability to get things done through other people.…
People who wield power effectively…follow unwritten rules that allow them…to swiftly maneuver through the organization to obtain…resources, approval of prized projects, and promotions.…As a leader, you need to have a share of the power…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Decoding your boss's management style
- Managing your boss
- Building strong relationships
- Avoiding mistakes
- Dealing with office politics
- Ensuring your next play is the right move
- Communicating effectively
- Bridging a generation gap
- Being heard
- Tooting your own horn strategically