The top industries and careers that are typical in remote work. In a technology driven workplace, many jobs can be completed from anywhere with an internet connection. The author lays out which jobs lend themselves well to remote work, and explains that the number is increasingly growing.
- The only way I can get paid to build a house…is if I'm actually on site with a hammer and a nail.…It's just one of those things that is tough to do remotely.…However, working on a computer, and doing social media…can be done anywhere there's an internet connection.…In this video, I want to give you an idea of…some of the common jobs that you can do remotely.…This will help you determine if some of your skills…might be suitable for that remote position.…Some computer jobs like research and data entry…are in high demand.…
For example, at the company I work for, Flex Jobs,…we have a team of researchers and data entry specialists…locate and screen remote job opportunities…and then enter them into our database.…These positions are ideal for task-oriented people…that are able to stay focused and are pretty efficient.…Marketing, which is my expertise,…is another profession that requires independence…and the ability to get things done without…direct and constant oversight.…Perfect for telecommuting.…As a marketing specialist, I need to know about…
- Explain the benefits of a remote job position.
- Identify three technologies a person should master in order to work effectively in a remote position.
- Determine what to do if a recruiter asks for sensitive information before describing a job.
- Recognize three important things to consider when preparing for a remote interview.
- Determine the most important question to ask during a hiring interview.
- Summarize the next action to take after receiving a compensation offer.