Learn to be intentional and focused about your reputation before you get the diploma. In this tutorial, Lida covers how to take note of your behavior and how to determine whether your behavior is representative of how you want to be perceived. She also talks about relationships - in person and online. Some relationship may hamper a job search based on the associations perceived.
- So you might be wondering, can I build…a personal brand while I'm still a student?…Well, the answer is yes.…Every day you're interacting with your professors,…your colleagues, your advisors, and potential employers.…This means you're building a brand without even knowing it.…So whether you have six months or six days…until you graduate, you could begin being intentional…and focused about your reputation using some of my tips.…First, take note of how you're behaving around other people.…
Are you always acting silly and disruptive?…Are you being more quiet and unassuming?…Then ask yourself if that behavior is representative…of how you want to be perceived.…For instance, if you want to be seen as a leader,…then you're not gonna be the one who's…disrupting class by acting up, but rather,…you'd be the one offering up your insights…and opinions as topics are discussed.…Next, look at your relationships.…The in person ones and the online ones.…If an employer were judging you only by the people…you hang out with, and who are frequently tagged…
Personal branding expert Lida Citroën shows you how to present yourself to employers in the best light, from your resume to your social media presence, to your interview attire. Lida also shares best practices for finding and applying to jobs, and setting yourself up for success before graduation. She helps you understand how to use social media strategically to network with future coworkers and mentors, and research the companies you really want to work for. Her advice is focused on helping you find a good fit with an employer that matches your passion, salary requirements, and values.
- Selling "you" and building your brand
- Leveraging an internship
- Finding your network
- Identifying your ideal employer
- Finding jobs online and in person
- Competing with others
- Writing resumes and cover letters
- Acing the interview