In this fast-paced world, it's challenging to find the time needed to develop a strong relationship with your boss. In this video, Roberta Matuson, best selling author of Suddenly in Charge, shares tips on how to quickly build a strong relationship with your boss.
- I'll never forget the day I arrived at work…and found my boss had been fired the night before.…I quickly realized that it no longer mattered…that she and I had a great relationship,…I had to go into relationship building mode…with my new boss.…My new boss didn't know anything about me…and he wasn't that interested in getting to know me.…My gut told me I had a small window to convince him…that I was worthy of his time,…and my former boss's job.…
And I was right, he had already begun thinking about…how to staff her position.…Given how rapidly people are changing jobs these days,…the quicker you can build relationships,…the better position you'll be in to maximize your time…with those above you and around you.…I'd like to share some tips to help you make…those vital connections quickly.…Begin by demonstrating confidence.…That old saying, fake it 'til you make it…rings true when positioning yourself as a peer…with those that are senior to you.…
Successful people want to be around other successful people.…That's why it's important to present yourself…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Decoding your boss's management style
- Managing your boss
- Building strong relationships
- Avoiding mistakes
- Dealing with office politics
- Ensuring your next play is the right move
- Communicating effectively
- Bridging a generation gap
- Being heard
- Tooting your own horn strategically