Join Lida Citroën for an in-depth discussion in this video Before watching this course, part of Job Hunting for College Grads.
- When you were in high school and were applying to colleges, you likely had a game plan. Maybe you wanted to be close to home. Perhaps your parents' alma mater was your best choice. Or maybe you chose your school based on your career dream. Maybe you just like the football team. Whatever the strategy, you put the steps in place to give yourself the best chance of success for getting into that school. Well, finding a job after college is very similar. In this course, we're gonna look at your assets.
We're gonna look at what you have to offer and what experiences you've had and how that matches up with the companies or industries that are looking specifically for that set of assets. Then we're gonna layer on top your values and your passion and your personality. This will give you a formula for success so you can go get the job you want. Before you watch this course, it is helpful if you've already got a resume written. Now, it doesn't have to be a great resume 'cause we can fix that, but if you can, have a list of the internships, the jobs, the volunteer work and the college successes that you've had to this point.
Now, we're gonna talk a lot in this course about personal branding. I really believe that the ticket to career success is to have a personal brand that is unique and compelling and interesting. If you think creating a personal brand is overwhelming, I'll let you in on a little secret. You already have a personal brand.
Personal branding expert Lida Citroën shows you how to present yourself to employers in the best light, from your resume to your social media presence, to your interview attire. Lida also shares best practices for finding and applying to jobs, and setting yourself up for success before graduation. She helps you understand how to use social media strategically to network with future coworkers and mentors, and research the companies you really want to work for. Her advice is focused on helping you find a good fit with an employer that matches your passion, salary requirements, and values.
- Selling "you" and building your brand
- Leveraging an internship
- Finding your network
- Identifying your ideal employer
- Finding jobs online and in person
- Competing with others
- Writing resumes and cover letters
- Acing the interview