Talent expert Roberta Matuson shares her personal experience on career-ending mistakes to help you avoid making the same relationship mistakes. This video is vital viewing regardless of where you are on the career ladder.
- Have you ever noticed how many relationships…start off easy and as time goes by, tensions rise?…Let me tell you why many relationships with bosses…go off the rails and what you can do…to bring them back on track.…First, your boss is not your friend,…don't mistake them for one.…I have a friend named Shannon,…she's an advertising executive…and looks quite young for her age.…I remember the time she told me about one of her employees…who was a recent graduate.…
He kept treating Shannon like she was his frat brother,…which didn't go over very well with her.…One day, he came into her office and said,…"hey, what should I call you?"…To which Shannon replied, "how about you call me boss?"…Shannon's response should tell you something.…Just because a boss looks young enough to be your friend…doesn't mean you should treat them like your friend.…And don't even think about sending your boss…a Facebook request.…
Maintain boundaries with your boss…and give them the respect they deserve.…And don't go over your boss's head.…Going over your boss's head without first giving him…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Decoding your boss's management style
- Managing your boss
- Building strong relationships
- Avoiding mistakes
- Dealing with office politics
- Ensuring your next play is the right move
- Communicating effectively
- Bridging a generation gap
- Being heard
- Tooting your own horn strategically