Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Capture One Pro?, part of Capture One Pro 9 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Capture One Pro is a complete photo management application. One of the things that initially attracted me to the software was the way that I could organize my images. We'll spend a lot of time on this over the course of the essential training, but the library area is fantastic. We have folders, which are called groups here in Capture One Pro, we have projects, we have albums, we have smart albums, and all of these can be nested, collapsed, expanded, and makes it very easy to get your images in the right spot and then find them again even without using key words in search.
Another area of the application that I really appreciate is the editing tools. I must admit, when I first looked at this application, the editing tools and seeing all these little icons up here and everything, it was a bit intimidating. But once you dig into it and once you start using them, they're quite intuitive, and I'm gonna help you with that first part, that's what I'm here for, to help you get over that first hump so that you can really enjoy the power that this application has for making your images just look fantastic.
It displays all the metadata information that photographers typically want, you have some very interesting output options, and you can actually output in multiple formats at the same time. I think that part's very powerful. It's a database-driven, professional or enthusiast photo management application that gives you everything from start to finish of the workflow. It's powerful, and I think once you get comfortable with it, it'll be something that you go, you know what, I can do 99% of what I need to do right here in this application, and I'm gonna help you do that.
That is what we're gonna focus on over the next few hours.
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story embarks on an in-depth exploration of Capture One Pro. The course structure mirrors the design of the software itself, with chapters that step through each of the tabs in Capture One Pro, from organizing to editing to refining to outputting images. Derrick investigates Capture One Pro's intuitive library structure, its robust editing tools, its tethered shooting mode for going directly from camera to computer, and its photo printing and sharing features, including options for creating web pages and slideshows straight from Capture One Pro. These tutorials are ideal for former Aperture users who are looking for a new photo editing application, as well as current Lightroom subscribers who are interested in Capture One Pro's more powerful import, color grading, and tethering features.
- Choosing the right version of Capture One Pro
- Setting preferences
- Creating catalogues
- Importing images
- Organizing images in projects, albums, and groups
- Adjusting color
- Converting to black and white
- Using levels and curves to adjust exposure
- Cropping, rotating, and flipping
- Reducing noise and sharpening
- Adding metadata in Capture One Pro
- Exporting images from Capture One Pro
- Working with Aperture and Lightroom catalogs
- Shooting in tethered mode
- Making local adjustments with Capture One Pro
- Making prints
- Backing up Capture One Pro catalogs
Skill Level Beginner
Tethered Shooting Fundamentalswith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Exteriorswith Richard Klein28m 58s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Capture One Pro
2. Organize Your Images
3. Basic Color Adjustments
4. Basic Exposure Adjustments
5. Work in the Composition Tab
6. Fine-Tune in the Details Tab
7. Metadata and Keywording
8. Exporting Images
9. Advanced Importing
10. Tethered Shooting
Review shoot results4m 22s
11. Local Adjustments and Styles
12. File and Catalog Management
Next steps3m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.