If you want to have various looks for a specific image, such as different cropping dimensions, you should use Variants to manage that. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to use Variants in Capture One Pro, which is an advanced image management and editing application for profession and enthusiast photographers.
- [Instructor] I cover variants in my essential training…for Capture One Pro right here in the Lynda library,…and in the LinkedIn learning library too.…However, I feel like I should revisit it here just…for a second, because it's so useful when you're doing…a lot of work and you need to create variant styles…of a particular shot.…For instance, this shot here, let's say…that I want to have a square version also.…I'm going to hold down the control key on a Mac,…and I'm going to come down here, and I have two options,…I can create a new variant, or I can clone the variant.…
Now if I create a new variant, it's actually going to create…a variant of this image without any corrections,…it's just going to start from scratch.…In this case, I've already done a lot of work to the shot,…so I want to have a clone variant, I want to pick up all…of those changes that I've made, and I want…to have them available to me in another variant.…So we're going to pick that one right there,…and it'll go right next door.…So you can see that it looks just like this one.…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.