Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Use the Navigator, part of Capture One Pro 9 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] It's time to do some work in the Details tab.…That's this one right here,…and there are a lot of great tools in here.…We're gonna work from top to bottom.…We're gonna start with the Navigator,…and as you look at this right now, you go,…that's a just a small version…of what I have right here (laughing),…and not even as good as what I have…right here in the browser.…Well, as you would suspect, it does get better than this.…Let's go over here to our little three dots,…and let's Zoom Viewer at 100%.…
You'll see here that we have the little square,…and it takes us exactly to that part of the photo.…And all we have to do is just click and drag around.…And we can inspect all the different details.…Now the name Navigator makes a lot more sense.…So, if you're looking at her eye here,…you could tell what kind of lighting I used.…It's a ring flash for these shots,…which I really like for certain types of portraits.…
Can usually see in the eye what's going on there.…Now we can go into 200 or 400%…or we can just go back to the image fitting…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story embarks on an in-depth exploration of Capture One Pro. The course structure mirrors the design of the software itself, with chapters that step through each of the tabs in Capture One Pro, from organizing to editing to refining to outputting images. Derrick investigates Capture One Pro's intuitive library structure, its robust editing tools, its tethered shooting mode for going directly from camera to computer, and its photo printing and sharing features, including options for creating web pages and slideshows straight from Capture One Pro. These tutorials are ideal for former Aperture users who are looking for a new photo editing application, as well as current Lightroom subscribers who are interested in Capture One Pro's more powerful import, color grading, and tethering features.
- Choosing the right version of Capture One Pro
- Setting preferences
- Creating catalogues
- Importing images
- Organizing images in projects, albums, and groups
- Adjusting color
- Converting to black and white
- Using levels and curves to adjust exposure
- Cropping, rotating, and flipping
- Reducing noise and sharpening
- Adding metadata in Capture One Pro
- Exporting images from Capture One Pro
- Working with Aperture and Lightroom catalogs
- Shooting in tethered mode
- Making local adjustments with Capture One Pro
- Making prints
- Backing up Capture One Pro catalogs
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Exteriorswith Richard Klein28m 53s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Capture One Pro
2. Organize Your Images
3. Basic Color Adjustments
4. Basic Exposure Adjustments
5. Work in the Composition Tab
6. Fine-Tune in the Details Tab
7. Metadata and Keywording
8. Exporting Images
9. Advanced Importing
10. Tethered Shooting
Review shoot results4m 22s
11. Local Adjustments and Styles
12. File and Catalog Management
Next steps3m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.