Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Use the Crop tool, part of Capture One Pro 9 Essential Training.
- We're going to spend a little bit of time…with the cropping tool and I can tell you…that the cropping tool in Capture One Pro…is unlike any other cropping tool I've ever…worked with, there's a lot more going on here…so we're going to spend a little bit of time with it.…So here we are, we're up here, we're in a new tab now…and we're in what we call the Composition tab…and the Crop tool is at the very top.…Now we have some things that you're familiar with…or you should be familiar with such as…setting the Ratios, so we can do Unconstrained…and then we have the usual suspects here.…
We're going to work Unconstrained for just a moment…because I want the flexibility to do what I want to do,…(laughs) I don't want to be constrained!…And Cropping tool has its own Preferences…and they're right up here with these three dots.…If I click on them I'm actually going to draw…a crop first and then we'll hop over there,…and you go, well wait a second, nothing's happening,…well look, I'm using the pointer, I need…to highlight the Crop tool or click on it…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story embarks on an in-depth exploration of Capture One Pro. The course structure mirrors the design of the software itself, with chapters that step through each of the tabs in Capture One Pro, from organizing to editing to refining to outputting images. Derrick investigates Capture One Pro's intuitive library structure, its robust editing tools, its tethered shooting mode for going directly from camera to computer, and its photo printing and sharing features, including options for creating web pages and slideshows straight from Capture One Pro. These tutorials are ideal for former Aperture users who are looking for a new photo editing application, as well as current Lightroom subscribers who are interested in Capture One Pro's more powerful import, color grading, and tethering features.
- Choosing the right version of Capture One Pro
- Setting preferences
- Creating catalogues
- Importing images
- Organizing images in projects, albums, and groups
- Adjusting color
- Converting to black and white
- Using levels and curves to adjust exposure
- Cropping, rotating, and flipping
- Reducing noise and sharpening
- Adding metadata in Capture One Pro
- Exporting images from Capture One Pro
- Working with Aperture and Lightroom catalogs
- Shooting in tethered mode
- Making local adjustments with Capture One Pro
- Making prints
- Backing up Capture One Pro catalogs
Skill Level Beginner
Tethered Shooting Fundamentalswith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Exteriorswith Richard Klein28m 58s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Capture One Pro
2. Organize Your Images
3. Basic Color Adjustments
4. Basic Exposure Adjustments
5. Work in the Composition Tab
6. Fine-Tune in the Details Tab
7. Metadata and Keywording
8. Exporting Images
9. Advanced Importing
10. Tethered Shooting
Review shoot results4m 22s
11. Local Adjustments and Styles
12. File and Catalog Management
Next steps3m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.