Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up a blue label smart album, part of Capture One Pro 9 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Before we move on to other fascinating things…one piece of unfinished business for me.…I think I want to go ahead and create a smart album…for my selects, my blue color label images.…Just so that i can get to them quickly.…So I'm going to go over to my project here.…We're going to do a New Smart Album.…Fortunately we can go to Presets and do…blue color label.…
And lets just call this Blue Label,…knowing that blue is going to be the color…that I use for my favorite shots.…I'll just click Okay.…Now we've added that down here and there…are my two shots right there.…I like it.…So this is really taking shape over here.…We have our project and our All Photos album…and our smart albums.…I'm feeling very much in control.…I think what we'll do next is we'll just…look at the general filters now that we have…some things to filter.…
And then we'll move on to a little bit…of work with reference libraries for those…of you that want to go that route.…Good stuff coming ahead.…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story embarks on an in-depth exploration of Capture One Pro. The course structure mirrors the design of the software itself, with chapters that step through each of the tabs in Capture One Pro, from organizing to editing to refining to outputting images. Derrick investigates Capture One Pro's intuitive library structure, its robust editing tools, its tethered shooting mode for going directly from camera to computer, and its photo printing and sharing features, including options for creating web pages and slideshows straight from Capture One Pro. These tutorials are ideal for former Aperture users who are looking for a new photo editing application, as well as current Lightroom subscribers who are interested in Capture One Pro's more powerful import, color grading, and tethering features.
- Choosing the right version of Capture One Pro
- Setting preferences
- Creating catalogues
- Importing images
- Organizing images in projects, albums, and groups
- Adjusting color
- Converting to black and white
- Using levels and curves to adjust exposure
- Cropping, rotating, and flipping
- Reducing noise and sharpening
- Adding metadata in Capture One Pro
- Exporting images from Capture One Pro
- Working with Aperture and Lightroom catalogs
- Shooting in tethered mode
- Making local adjustments with Capture One Pro
- Making prints
- Backing up Capture One Pro catalogs
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Exteriorswith Richard Klein28m 53s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Capture One Pro
2. Organize Your Images
3. Basic Color Adjustments
4. Basic Exposure Adjustments
5. Work in the Composition Tab
6. Fine-Tune in the Details Tab
7. Metadata and Keywording
8. Exporting Images
9. Advanced Importing
10. Tethered Shooting
Review shoot results4m 22s
11. Local Adjustments and Styles
12. File and Catalog Management
Next steps3m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.