Capture One allows you to set the highlight and shadow endpoints, then adjusting your midtones to taste. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to set those endpoints to establish the perfect the tonal detail in your images. Capture One Pro is an advanced image management and editing application for profession and enthusiast photographers.
- [Instructor] The levels tool's terrific…for adjusting exposure, highlights, shadows, and mid tones.…And what we're going to do right now is sort…of establish our end points…and there's a couple of ways to do it.…One way is to go up to the automatic tool right here,…the auto adjust and just click on that.…And right away we can see that it closed that gap…where our highlights are…and it also intensified our dark areas just a bit.…I'm going to hold down the option key…so we can see our before and after.…
So there's where we were before…and there is our after.…So that's a pretty nice way to do it.…I'm going to go ahead and reset.…I'm going to show you another way.…We could take our highlight dropper…and go to a bright area and tap.…And then take our shadow dropper…and go to a really black area.…How about right here?…And tap there and now we get something…that's even a bit more contrasty.…You can see that by using the dropper…we've actually moved into the graph a bit.…
If we were to turn on our exposure warnings…we're going to see that we have paper white here…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.