You can bring all of these localized tools together for a retouching of a portrait. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how easy it is to retouch portraits in Capture One Pro, which is an advanced image management and editing application for profession and enthusiast photographers.
- [Instructor] Let's finish up this chapter…with retouching a portrait.…This is fun stuff, I love doing this.…So we started working on this shot,…awhile back, and remember we did some color uniformity…with the skin and so forth, and we moved the ball forward,…definitely, and I'll show you how far we moved.…I'm just going to do Command + R.…That's where we started before we did our colorwork…and we brightened things up a bit.…Now do Command + Z and that's where we are right now, okay?…But we can still do some more work.…
So I'm going to zoom in.…Now I'm going to show you another trick for zooming,…we've been using the magnifier, we hit the Z key…and then click in and click out.…You know a better way to do it?…Hold down, I'm on the Mac, hold down the Command key…and just do the plus.…Just like in Photoshop and then the minus…will take you back out, so we'll do the plus…and then hold down the space bar…and reposition.…So much nicer.…(laughs)…I was saving that for a little later in the tutorial.…
Have to save a few gems so that you keep watching, okay?…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.