The Levels adjustment might not be the first tool that you think of for color adjustment. But in this movie Derrick Story shows you how to use Levels for color. Capture One Pro is an advanced image management and editing application for profession and enthusiast photographers.
- [Instructor] Sometimes one of your color channels…will just get out of wack…and that's what's happened here.…This was a film shot that was scanned…and the red channel's out of whack.…We can see that and so I'm going to show you…how to use levels to at least pull that…a little bit more back in line.…Before I do that, let's look at some of the other shots…so we can do a comparison here.…So you can see how things are lining up…all three channels, really nice.…Not too bad there right?…Not too bad there.…
Oh look at this shot.…So usually when I see this in the histogram…then I know okay I've got a good starting point for color.…Let's go back to our problem child here…and I'm talking about the photo not the model.…And our red is way out of line.…So all I'm going to do is this.…I'm just going to go to red.…I'm going to grab the midtone right here…and I'm just going to pull it just a little bit this way…and just move that red channel a little bit closer…to the blue and the green.…
Now I'm not going to pull it all the way in there…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.