Once you’ve made your changes to an image, you might want to see how they look after the output settings have been applied, such as sampling down the photo. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to proof your output in Capture One Pro, which is an advanced image management and editing application for profession and enthusiast photographers
- [Instructor] In a earlier movie I talked about using…the shot for an online ad…for the film camera shop on Etsy that I run.…So, I'm going to output it at a smaller size.…I'm going to sample it down,…because right now we're at 4608 on the longest side.…That's a little big for web work.…So I was thinking maybe I'll take it down…to like 1600 pixels on the long side.…So to do that, I'm going to come over here.…And I have a recipe set up.…A JPEG, 1600 pixels long, SRGB, perfect for web output.…
Now here's the thing that I really…want to show you in this movie,…is it's great to have that recipe,…it's great to be able to do all this,…and have all these different recipes.…But how's it going to look when I output it?…And for one shot you go,…well you can just output and take a look,…but what if you have a whole bunch of shots?…Wouldn't it be easier to see what that output looks like…before you actually do it,…before you actually apply that recipe.…And we can do that in Capture One Pro 10 right up here.…See these little spectacles right there?…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.