Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Play with color balance, part of Capture One Pro 9 Essential Training.
- When I'm working in the Color Balance tool,…I'm not so much thinking about correcting color…and getting it right, although it can be used that way.…For me, this is a very artistic tool where I want…to express some sort of vision I have for an image.…I'm going to take this portrait of Emily,…and I'm not even going to go to White Balance…because I don't care about white balance with this shot.…What I want is a color look, and that's why…we're gonna be in color balance.…There are different tabs here.…
We have the Master, we have the 3-Way,…where you get to look at Midtone, Highlight, and Shadow,…and what I really like are the three individual tools here,…where I can really focus on each.…Shadow, Midtone, and Hightlight.…Let me show you the Master first.…So over here is the intensity.…I always move it up a little bit to begin with,…just so I can see what I'm doing.…So give it some intensity, and then,…I'm just gonna go around the color wheel here,…and you can see how the Master affects the whole shot.…
And then you find something that you like,…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story embarks on an in-depth exploration of Capture One Pro. The course structure mirrors the design of the software itself, with chapters that step through each of the tabs in Capture One Pro, from organizing to editing to refining to outputting images. Derrick investigates Capture One Pro's intuitive library structure, its robust editing tools, its tethered shooting mode for going directly from camera to computer, and its photo printing and sharing features, including options for creating web pages and slideshows straight from Capture One Pro. These tutorials are ideal for former Aperture users who are looking for a new photo editing application, as well as current Lightroom subscribers who are interested in Capture One Pro's more powerful import, color grading, and tethering features.
- Choosing the right version of Capture One Pro
- Setting preferences
- Creating catalogues
- Importing images
- Organizing images in projects, albums, and groups
- Adjusting color
- Converting to black and white
- Using levels and curves to adjust exposure
- Cropping, rotating, and flipping
- Reducing noise and sharpening
- Adding metadata in Capture One Pro
- Exporting images from Capture One Pro
- Working with Aperture and Lightroom catalogs
- Shooting in tethered mode
- Making local adjustments with Capture One Pro
- Making prints
- Backing up Capture One Pro catalogs
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Exteriorswith Richard Klein28m 58s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Capture One Pro
2. Organize Your Images
3. Basic Color Adjustments
4. Basic Exposure Adjustments
5. Work in the Composition Tab
6. Fine-Tune in the Details Tab
7. Metadata and Keywording
8. Exporting Images
9. Advanced Importing
10. Tethered Shooting
Review shoot results4m 22s
11. Local Adjustments and Styles
12. File and Catalog Management
Next steps3m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.