In addition to all of the powerful global editing tools, there is an entire adjustments panel dedicated to local adjustments as well. In this video, Derrick Story provides an overview of the localized adjustments available in Capture One Pro, which is an advanced image management and editing application for profession and enthusiast photographers.
- [Instructor] In Capture One Pro we have photo management,…we have global adjustments,…quite a nice array of tools there…but we also have local adjustments.…All that activity happens over here…in the local adjustments tab…and thus indicated most appropriately by the brush…at the very top of the tab we have the layers area.…This is where we add layers so we have a background layer…by default.…I've added an adjustment layer of front area is…what I call it.…You can name it anything you want.…
And you create a new layer just…by clicking on the plus right there.…Now while we're down here playing around…here's where we have our brush settings.…So we have things like size, hardness, opacity, and flow.…Then we have the brushes themselves right here…and let me just click on that for you…so we can draw a mask, erase mask, do a gradient mask…which I just love gradient masks.…By the way these are all keyboard shortcuts…right next to them…and so if you do any amount of local adjusting at all…you'll be very familiar with B and E for sure.…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.