The Color Editor can be used to minimize the effect of a offending color in a photograph. You have a lot of control in terms of how narrow or broad the adjustment is applied. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to use the adjustments in the Color Editor to your best advantage.
- [Instructor] The color editor can also help you tone down…an offending color, in this case the bag of Ricolas…is a little too bright.…I feel like it's pulling away from the portrait itself…so I want to tone that down a bit.…Now we are working globally again…so it will effect the skin tones a bit…but I tell you it's going to be worth it.…So here in the color editor I'm going…to go to my picker tool…and we're just going to sample this yellow right here…just like this.…There's our sample and I want…to take the saturation down a bit…so just take it down a bit.…
Going to limit my smoothness…because we have a clean sample right there.…Maybe darken it just a hair.…And there we go.…We've toned it down.…Now its not nearly as obtrusive.…We can do other work on it later.…Let's do the before and after.…I'm going to hold down the option key…and then we'll do the reset.…So you see we paid a little bit of a price on the skin tones…but not really that bad.…It was worth it to tone down that bag.…Now if we wanted to work locally…and not effect the skin tones we can do that also…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.