You can make tonal adjustments to specific areas of the image, instead of relying solely on global tools. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to correct specific areas in Capture One Pro, which is an advanced image management and editing application for profession and enthusiast photographers.
- [Instructor] Making tonal Adjustments…with brushes comes in handy in so many different scenarios.…This is a real life one, right here,…where I was running an article,…a review that I wrote on the Pentax KP,…which is this camera, and its interchangeable grips…that come with the camera.…This is a big part of the story so I wanted to run this shot…'cause I thought this shot tells the story well.…I like the shot, I got the camera the way I wanted…with global Adjustments…but the grips just didn't look right,…they needed a little bit more oomph.…I think I had a little too much light coming in…from the side here.…
I can fix that easily in Capture One Pro…and you'll see that I've already created a Grips layer…and what I did was I went ahead and painted them.…I'll show you how I did that, let me just go to my brush…and this Always Display Mask right now…so you can see what's going on.…And I'll go ahead and hit the B key so now I have my brush,…so I just painted right here and that's what you do.…All you do is just paint, you don't have to be super exact.…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.