You can make color adjustments to specific areas of the image, instead of relying solely on global tools. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to correct specific areas in Capture One Pro, which is an advanced image management and editing application for profession and enthusiast photographers.
- [Instructor] I was looking at this bag earlier…and I was thinking it's funny…that this leather up here is a much different color…than this leather down here…and actually same goes for this right here.…And I was going I think I'd rather have all of this…in alignment.…In other words this, to me, feels a bit too red compared…to this which is a little bit more bluish…if you know what I mean.…Coolish, let's say coolish.…So what I went ahead and did is I went ahead and masked that…so with my brush we'll go ahead and always display masks…so we can see what's going on.…
Just drew a quick mask right here.…I didn't think I needed to do anything to these.…These looked okay to me…but this area right here and this and this…I felt like could use a little color alignment…shall we say?…All right so let's go ahead and turn that off.…I'm just going to use white balancer.…This is very easy.…So we'll go ahead and only display while drawing.…So I'm just going to cool it off.…So I'm just going to go to my kelvin adjustment…and just pull it down a bit…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.