If you have access to the exercise files, there is a finished Capture One Pro 10 catalog available for download. You will need Capture One Pro, version 10 to open it. Simply double-click on the catalog icon, and Capture One Pro will switch to this catalog. In this video, Derrick Story provides an overview of how to use the exercise files.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files I have a beauty for you. This is our Capture 1 Pro catalog that I use during the training. And you can see that shots are, some are worked on, some are not. There's a little bit of everything in here. Now, the idea of this catalog is to provide you with assistance while you learn the various techniques that they teach in this title. And so some of these things are right here and you can look at the finished product. If you want to follow along, for example, let's say this right here.
If you want to follow along while I do what I did to this shot and you still want the finished product, pretty easy to do that. All you have to do is right-click on this to get a popup menu and then you come down and you choose new variant. Just like that. This will give you a variant or a version of the shot that hasn't been worked on yet. So you can follow along with this variant and you still have this shot right here to refer to at the end so this will be like the finished product and this will be the brand new product.
Now I'm going to get rid of that variant right now. So I'm just going to go ahead and delete it. And this is the way the catalog will be delivered to you. Now if you want to see what the container looks like it looks like this right here. And everything's in there, the master files, the corrections, all that stuff is in this container. This works for both Mac and Windows. However, you will need Capture 1 Pro 10 in order to use this catalog because this is for version 10.
So keep that in mind, but all you have to do is download it and then double-click on it and it will open up and you can follow along. This catalog isn't perfect in the sense that it doesn't magically evolve as I go through the different chapters. This is the finished catalog but I think it will help you as you work on your images and like I said, if you want to follow along, just make a new variant of any of these. And you'll have the finished product and the one you're working on side-by-side.
Use this as a learning tool to help you get better while you improve your images in this wonderful image editing and management application.
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow