Once your make a basic tonal adjustment, there are also tools to help you refine it. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to fine tune specific areas in Capture One Pro, which is an advanced image management and editing application for profession and enthusiast photographers.
- [Narrator] So, now that I've made…my basic tonal adjustment, I zoomed in on the image…to make sure everything is the way that I want,…and I see a couple of little things that I'd like to tweak.…One is, I got a couple little dust spots here, all right.…We'll address that in a minute.…And then I'm going wow, did the mask fall off there,…do I want to maybe add some more mask.…Well, okay, let's take a look at that.…What I'm going to do is I'm going to go…over here to my brushing tool;…and this Always Display Mask, let's take a look.…Well, you know, I could probably…add a little bit more mask up there, if I wanted.…
So I'll go ahead and hit V, and I'm going to use…the left bracket key, right now, to change the size,…because it's just a little bit easier.…And I tell ya, once you're zoomed in,…I feel like the brushing works a little bit better,…in terms of controlling the brush size itself.…So let's just add a little bit more mask here.…So, I'll just come up here.…I'm just painting, right.…So we added mask earlier and, you know,…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.