Color Balance in Capture One Pro is helpful for adjusting hues in the shadows, midtones, and highlights. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to use the adjustments in Color Balance to your best advantage.
- [Instructor] I've been working on this shot at the beach…with the color balance tool, and we're in the color tab…right now, and this is color balance tool, and it has…some different areas, it has the master, three-way,…which is where I spend a lot of time, and we'll be spending…most of our time here in this particular movie,…and then we have shadow, midtone and highlight,…which are the same as in the three-way, but you really just…get the focus on a particular area.…We're going to work in the three way right now,…and here's what's going on with the shot,…let me show you the before.…
Going to hold down the option key, or the alt key…on a Windows keyboard, and click on the reset.…It was just a little too bluish, her skin tones…were a little clammy, the white, her top, was a little…too bluish, the whole thing was just a little bluish.…And, of course, that happens when you're out in bright,…clear sunlight, the kelvin goes way up, and yeah,…things get blue.…So, what I wanted to do is just play with it…in color balance, I like doing color balance for this…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.