Often our exposure adjustments influence our view of how the color appears. In this video, Derrick Story returns to the color tools after making exposure adjustments in Capture One Pro, which is an advanced image management and editing application for profession and enthusiast photographers.
- [Instructor] If I find it interesting how…color and exposure go hand in hand.…So, you might start with one.…In our case, we started with exposure on this shot.…And we did the levels adjustment…and then we did the white vignette…to clean up that background.…And then I want to work on color.…And so, exposure leads to color,…color leads to exposure.…So what I want to talk about this movie then…is doubling back to color…after you've done your exposure work.…Now of course the big question always is…well, what do you start with?…The rule of thumb is that you start with…what needs the most work.…
So, if exposure is most out of line,…start with exposure then go to color.…If color is most out of line, start there,…and then go to exposure.…In this case, we weren't that far out of line.…I just wanted to start with exposure.…But, now that I'd done that,…I want to see what I can do with color.…I just want to make a slight skin tone adjustment.…We're going to come back to our color editor.…We did this earlier.…And we're going to, you know,…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
Capture One Pro 10 Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story3h 43m Intermediate
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.