Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Explore the Library pane, part of Capture One Pro 9 Essential Training.
- The Library is an interesting place.…And it's where we do our organizing.…And I'm going to give you an overview of it right now.…So up here, at the Tool tabs,…these little collection of icons right here,…the Library is the first one.…And we have it open right now.…And here is the Library.…And I'm going to show you what each of these means.…I have them collapsed right now…so we can really focus on each one as we we talk about it.…So, of course, we have the Catalog at the very top,…so we know what Catalog we're using.…
And we can switch among Catalogs if we wish.…Remember, we had Test 1.…I could switch to that if I wanted to.…I'm not going to right now.…We're just going to stick with our Capture One Catalog.…Then we have Catalog Collections.…Now, these are fixed by the application.…They don't change.…So they will always be the same.…So we have All Images.…And then we have Recent Imports.…Let me open that up.…I'm opening them up…by clicking on the little angled arrow there.…
And here we have Recent Imports.…And all of our Recent Imports are listed right here.…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story embarks on an in-depth exploration of Capture One Pro. The course structure mirrors the design of the software itself, with chapters that step through each of the tabs in Capture One Pro, from organizing to editing to refining to outputting images. Derrick investigates Capture One Pro's intuitive library structure, its robust editing tools, its tethered shooting mode for going directly from camera to computer, and its photo printing and sharing features, including options for creating web pages and slideshows straight from Capture One Pro. These tutorials are ideal for former Aperture users who are looking for a new photo editing application, as well as current Lightroom subscribers who are interested in Capture One Pro's more powerful import, color grading, and tethering features.
- Choosing the right version of Capture One Pro
- Setting preferences
- Creating catalogues
- Importing images
- Organizing images in projects, albums, and groups
- Adjusting color
- Converting to black and white
- Using levels and curves to adjust exposure
- Cropping, rotating, and flipping
- Reducing noise and sharpening
- Adding metadata in Capture One Pro
- Exporting images from Capture One Pro
- Working with Aperture and Lightroom catalogs
- Shooting in tethered mode
- Making local adjustments with Capture One Pro
- Making prints
- Backing up Capture One Pro catalogs
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Exteriorswith Richard Klein28m 58s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Capture One Pro
2. Organize Your Images
3. Basic Color Adjustments
4. Basic Exposure Adjustments
5. Work in the Composition Tab
6. Fine-Tune in the Details Tab
7. Metadata and Keywording
8. Exporting Images
9. Advanced Importing
10. Tethered Shooting
Review shoot results4m 22s
11. Local Adjustments and Styles
12. File and Catalog Management
Next steps3m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.