The presets in Color Balance in Capture One Pro can quickly provide you with a variety of looks that you can use as a starting point, or for the finished product. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to use the presets in Color Balance to your best advantage.
- [Instructor] The three way color wheels are great…when you're in a tinkering mood.…That's where we were in the last movie,…and we had a lot of fun,…or at least I did anyway playing with…the shadows, midtones, and highlights.…But sometimes maybe you want to work a little quicker,…you don't want to work on those specific areas…and that's when the master slider is absolutely perfect.…So here we are in the color balance area.…Up here in the color tab, and all you have to do,…is just go ahead and grab that dot right there,…and just take it the direction…that you're thinking about going.…
So here we're going to add a little reddish orange,…and I can increase the saturation…using the saturation slider.…Now you notice that we don't have lightness and darkness…in the master, we only have those in the three way,…and we have those in the individual areas…but we don't have it in the master.…So you're working mainly with color now.…And you can play with it until you get some sort of…improvement or something that you feel good about.…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.