Capture One can help you monitor the highlights and shadows via its exposure warnings. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to use exposure warnings to monitor the tonal detail in your images. Capture One Pro is an advanced image management and editing application for profession and enthusiast photographers.
- [Narrator] Exposure warnings are helpful…to let you know when you have gone outside the detail range…for either highlights or shadows.…In other words, if you get an exposure warning…for this area here, which we will,…that basically tells me there's no highlight detail here,…and if we were to print this, it would be paper white.…Now the exposure warning icon is up here,…at the toolbar, and when I turn it on,…you'll see that we have red right here,…and that says that there is no detail…in these areas right here.…
Now on specular highlights, that's okay.…Right here we wouldn't expect to have any.…The light is shining and catching that edge, that's okay,…but maybe a larger area like this, not so okay,…and we might want to compensate for that,…which we'll do here in a second.…Before I do that, let me show you…where to set up exposure warnings.…I'm going to turn them off right here.…We're going to go to Capture One Preferences.…And then we're going to go to the Exposure tab.…Now the highlight Exposure Warning is turned on by default…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.