Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Eliminate moire pattern, part of Capture One Pro 9 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Most cameras have a built in filters…to prevent moire patterns,…which is an unnatural rendering of texture.…We see it a lot with clothing.…I don't have it here,…but some cameras might produce a moire pattern here.…I'm using a 5D Mark II by Canon.…Got a nice rendering actually…on her clothing.…If I did need to correct it,…or if I did see something that was an unnatural texture,…I'd come down here…and you basically play with the amount…in the pattern sliders to get what you want.…There's no real science to it.…
You just do it by eye.…Once you get what you want,…then you can save it as a user preset.…If indeed we're running into this…over and over again on the same shoot.…You could also do copy and apply.…So you have a couple different options.…Chances are good that you won't run in to this very often,…but if you do there's a tool right here in the Details tab…to help you correct it.…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story embarks on an in-depth exploration of Capture One Pro. The course structure mirrors the design of the software itself, with chapters that step through each of the tabs in Capture One Pro, from organizing to editing to refining to outputting images. Derrick investigates Capture One Pro's intuitive library structure, its robust editing tools, its tethered shooting mode for going directly from camera to computer, and its photo printing and sharing features, including options for creating web pages and slideshows straight from Capture One Pro. These tutorials are ideal for former Aperture users who are looking for a new photo editing application, as well as current Lightroom subscribers who are interested in Capture One Pro's more powerful import, color grading, and tethering features.
- Choosing the right version of Capture One Pro
- Setting preferences
- Creating catalogues
- Importing images
- Organizing images in projects, albums, and groups
- Adjusting color
- Converting to black and white
- Using levels and curves to adjust exposure
- Cropping, rotating, and flipping
- Reducing noise and sharpening
- Adding metadata in Capture One Pro
- Exporting images from Capture One Pro
- Working with Aperture and Lightroom catalogs
- Shooting in tethered mode
- Making local adjustments with Capture One Pro
- Making prints
- Backing up Capture One Pro catalogs
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Exteriorswith Richard Klein28m 53s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Capture One Pro
2. Organize Your Images
3. Basic Color Adjustments
4. Basic Exposure Adjustments
5. Work in the Composition Tab
6. Fine-Tune in the Details Tab
7. Metadata and Keywording
8. Exporting Images
9. Advanced Importing
10. Tethered Shooting
Review shoot results4m 22s
11. Local Adjustments and Styles
12. File and Catalog Management
Next steps3m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.