If you have a specific of adjustment, such as Exposure, that you’d like to use again up the road, you can save it as a Preset. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to create a Preset and apply it in Capture One Pro, which is an advanced image management and editing application for profession and enthusiast photographers.
- [Instructor] Presets are a little different…than styles in that you're usually just saving one area.…In this case I'm working in exposure…and I've upped the contrast to ten.…Brought the brightness down minus one…and added ten saturation…but it's all within the exposure panel here.…And I'm going to save this as a preset…because I find myself doing this often…and I may even want to apply this to images…as they come in off a memory card…and presets are great for that.…So in order to do that, I come up here…and I just go to save user preset…and it's going to ask me,…all right are these the things you want to save?…And I'm going to say yes.…
Now the reason why exposure isn't checked is…because I didn't do anything on exposure.…If I had moved it then it would ask me about that too.…So I'm going to go ahead and save this…and now I give it a name…and I'm going to call it contrast plus ten…because that's really what I've done here…and I'll tell you when I name presets…if you are really clear about what you did…in the name of the preset over time that gets a lot easier.…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.