Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Copy and paste adjustments, part of Capture One Pro 9 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] I've talked about Copy and Paste…in the other movies when we're working with things…and we wanna apply those adjustments to other photos,…but I thought it should have its own movie.…So, that gives us a chance to review…and to have it called out in the table of contents.…So, we're looking at an image here, this portrait of Tina,…perfect candidate for Copy and Paste…because it has multiple adjustments.…We did a Clarity adjustment here to soften her skin tones,…but we also did a White Balance adjustment…to draw her coloring into line…with what I thought it should look like.…
And I want to apply both of those to these other two shots.…So all I have to do is go up to Adjustments,…Copy Adjustments right here.…Now I'll just select the other two…and I'm gonna hold down the Command key…to select them both.…And then I'm gonna make sure that this little guy right here…toggles between Edit Primary and Edit Selected Variance…is turned on right there.…By doing so, those adjustments…that I copied will be applied to both images.…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story embarks on an in-depth exploration of Capture One Pro. The course structure mirrors the design of the software itself, with chapters that step through each of the tabs in Capture One Pro, from organizing to editing to refining to outputting images. Derrick investigates Capture One Pro's intuitive library structure, its robust editing tools, its tethered shooting mode for going directly from camera to computer, and its photo printing and sharing features, including options for creating web pages and slideshows straight from Capture One Pro. These tutorials are ideal for former Aperture users who are looking for a new photo editing application, as well as current Lightroom subscribers who are interested in Capture One Pro's more powerful import, color grading, and tethering features.
- Choosing the right version of Capture One Pro
- Setting preferences
- Creating catalogues
- Importing images
- Organizing images in projects, albums, and groups
- Adjusting color
- Converting to black and white
- Using levels and curves to adjust exposure
- Cropping, rotating, and flipping
- Reducing noise and sharpening
- Adding metadata in Capture One Pro
- Exporting images from Capture One Pro
- Working with Aperture and Lightroom catalogs
- Shooting in tethered mode
- Making local adjustments with Capture One Pro
- Making prints
- Backing up Capture One Pro catalogs
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Exteriorswith Richard Klein28m 53s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Capture One Pro
2. Organize Your Images
3. Basic Color Adjustments
4. Basic Exposure Adjustments
5. Work in the Composition Tab
6. Fine-Tune in the Details Tab
7. Metadata and Keywording
8. Exporting Images
9. Advanced Importing
10. Tethered Shooting
Review shoot results4m 22s
11. Local Adjustments and Styles
12. File and Catalog Management
Next steps3m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.