Some areas of an image might need some repair, such as a stray hair in a portrait. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to use cloning and healing in Capture One Pro, which is an advanced image management and editing application for profession and enthusiast photographers.
- [Instructor] We do have cloning and healing…in Capture One Pro 10, and it's cleverly hidden…over here in the local adjustments area.…(laughs)…So we're going to do a little bit of each in this movie.…Here I have a finger print on here, looks like.…Kind of a smudgy thing.…That's great for healing.…And then right here I have this light.…Must be a reflection from something in the room.…I want to get rid of this and we'll use cloning for that.…So let's start with the healing,…let's clean this up over here.…
So what we do is we go to create new layer, hold it down,…and then we're going to select a heal layer to begin with.…And I'm going to go to my brush tool here.…And let me see, I want a size something like that.…Somewhere in there.…And I want a pretty soft brush.…Let's just make sure I got that the way I want it.…
There we go.…You have to click the right buttons or it doesn't work.…And we'll do about 90%, okay, great.…Now we're ready.…So now what I do is I go to an area…that I want to use as my sample…and I hold down the option key.…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.