The Vignette tool is not only good for artistic effect, but it can help you clean up white backgrounds for product photography too. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to use the Vignette tool to perfect your product shots. Capture One Pro is an advanced image management and editing application for profession and enthusiast photographers.
- [Instructor] The vignette tool is very handy…for shots like this.…A lot of times we think about vignette…as, you know, darkening the corners…when we're working in post production…to drive the viewer's eye to our central subject.…But on an image like this where we have a white background…and I'm picking up some texture…and a little bit of tone here in the corners…the vignette tool's the easiest way to correct it.…And let me show you how that works.…Instead of darkening this area…we're going to brighten this area.…Now I'm going to go ahead and go with circular on crop…and all I'm going to do is just take my vignette tool…and I'm just going to go to the right with it…and look at that.…
Just like that we have fixed that backdrop.…We've eliminated the texture there.…If we do exposure warnings, command E, you'll see…that the vignette tool has really had a nice effect.…It's just brightened all this area,…eliminating any highlight detail whatsoever.…We don't even have a chance…of having highlight detail in here…and that wasn't a problem to begin with.…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.