The Color Editor is perfect for adjusting a specific hue in an image. You have a lot of control in terms of how narrow or broad the adjustment is applied. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to use the adjustments in the Color Editor to your best advantage.
- [Instructor] I'd like to adjust the color…of this strap, I think it's a bit too…greenish and I think a little magenta…would give it a little bit more richness.…So we'll work in the Color Editor,…which is absolutely perfect for this task.…The Color Editor is inside the Color tab,…and here are our tool tabs up here.…It has a couple different tabs within it.…Basic, advanced and skin tone.…I'm in basic over 90% of the time,…I really like working in this area right here.…We have a color wheel,…we have some sliders and then we get to see…our samples down here.…
So let's go ahead and use the picker…and I'll select that strap right there.…There's a good selection.…Now I'm going to adjust the hue right here,…and if I go to the right it's going to get greener,…which I don't want.…But if I go to the left look at this,…I get a little magenta and ah yes,…that is that richness I was looking for.…Now once I'm here,…I can adjust the saturation also.…We can bring the saturation up a bit.…
That's way too far,…that's a whole different product isn't it?…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.