Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjust focus, part of Capture One Pro 9 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] The focus tool goes about its business…a little different than the navigator.…As I said earlier, I prefer it because you see here…the results but then over here is where you get to move.…And we have these different percentages that we can zoom in,…and this is a sliding scale so you don't have to go…with the click stops.…So we're at 25% right now and you can go all the way…up to 400% right here if you wanted to.…398, 400, there it is.…
All right, let's go back to 25 right now.…And I use the magnifier, I click on it,…and you notice that we get the change away…from the select to the magnifier here,…and then we just go to the area that we want…to inspect more closely.…Once we get to that area, we can zoom in,…take a closer look, go yeah, that looks nice.…Let's take a look at the other eye.…That looks good, and you can just leave it there.…And then if you want, you can actually go to other images.…
I'm gonna go back to the select tool.…I'm gonna click over here,…and we can just go down through our images…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story embarks on an in-depth exploration of Capture One Pro. The course structure mirrors the design of the software itself, with chapters that step through each of the tabs in Capture One Pro, from organizing to editing to refining to outputting images. Derrick investigates Capture One Pro's intuitive library structure, its robust editing tools, its tethered shooting mode for going directly from camera to computer, and its photo printing and sharing features, including options for creating web pages and slideshows straight from Capture One Pro. These tutorials are ideal for former Aperture users who are looking for a new photo editing application, as well as current Lightroom subscribers who are interested in Capture One Pro's more powerful import, color grading, and tethering features.
- Choosing the right version of Capture One Pro
- Setting preferences
- Creating catalogues
- Importing images
- Organizing images in projects, albums, and groups
- Adjusting color
- Converting to black and white
- Using levels and curves to adjust exposure
- Cropping, rotating, and flipping
- Reducing noise and sharpening
- Adding metadata in Capture One Pro
- Exporting images from Capture One Pro
- Working with Aperture and Lightroom catalogs
- Shooting in tethered mode
- Making local adjustments with Capture One Pro
- Making prints
- Backing up Capture One Pro catalogs
Skill Level Beginner
Tethered Shooting Fundamentals (2014)with Richard Harrington2h 16m Appropriate for all
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Exteriorswith Richard Klein28m 58s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Capture One Pro
2. Organize Your Images
3. Basic Color Adjustments
4. Basic Exposure Adjustments
5. Work in the Composition Tab
6. Fine-Tune in the Details Tab
7. Metadata and Keywording
8. Exporting Images
9. Advanced Importing
10. Tethered Shooting
Review shoot results4m 22s
11. Local Adjustments and Styles
12. File and Catalog Management
Next steps3m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.