The Curves tool is good for making overall luminance adjustments, but it’s even better at adjusting a specific tone in an image. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to use Curves to address a specific tone. Capture One Pro is an advanced image management and editing application for profession and enthusiast photographers.
- [Instructor] This is one of my favorite tricks.…This is with the Curve tool.…And I just want to fix one tone,…and the Curve tool is so good for this…because I can use the selector right here.…We're in the Curve tool, by the way,…which is right up here, under the Exposure tab,…in the Tool tab.…So Curve tool's open.…I have it set to RGB.…I select the selector, and I come over.…And what I want to do is I just want to make this…leatherette a little bit darker.…
It's a little overexposed to my eye.…So I'm going to click on it.…That sets the point, right here.…So now I'm just going to click on it to highlight it,…and then I can use my down arrow…to move that point down and darken it.…We can do that again.…How 'about this area that's a little blown out?…So again, I'll click on it.…Sets the point right there, on the curve,…and then we'll pull this down a bit too.…
Just like that.…Just pull it in the line.…Don't want to go too far,…I don't want to make a weird curve here.…You know me and my smooth curves.…I like something like that.…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.