Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Add a project to an existing group, part of Capture One Pro 9 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] So we have two groups now.…We have our portraits group and we have our things group…and we have these photos of Tina…that I haven't done anything with yet.…I think they should be in a project…that go in the portraits group,…so that's what we're gonna do right now.…We're gonna go ahead and add a new project…to the Portraits group, I'm gonna go up to Portraits,…click on the plus, put a new project inside of portraits,…use my naming convention that I like to do…which is the month, the year, and a name,…click OK, now we have Tina portraits.…
While I'm here, just go ahead and do the All Photos…and want to set up our smart album too,…we'll do one for three stars, there's not that many shots.…Great, now we're ready for rating, and let me show you…my rating system in an upcoming movie,…and we'll go ahead and populate this project…of Tina portraits and get to the…absolute best shots from this collection.…
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Derrick Story embarks on an in-depth exploration of Capture One Pro. The course structure mirrors the design of the software itself, with chapters that step through each of the tabs in Capture One Pro, from organizing to editing to refining to outputting images. Derrick investigates Capture One Pro's intuitive library structure, its robust editing tools, its tethered shooting mode for going directly from camera to computer, and its photo printing and sharing features, including options for creating web pages and slideshows straight from Capture One Pro. These tutorials are ideal for former Aperture users who are looking for a new photo editing application, as well as current Lightroom subscribers who are interested in Capture One Pro's more powerful import, color grading, and tethering features.
- Choosing the right version of Capture One Pro
- Setting preferences
- Creating catalogues
- Importing images
- Organizing images in projects, albums, and groups
- Adjusting color
- Converting to black and white
- Using levels and curves to adjust exposure
- Cropping, rotating, and flipping
- Reducing noise and sharpening
- Adding metadata in Capture One Pro
- Exporting images from Capture One Pro
- Working with Aperture and Lightroom catalogs
- Shooting in tethered mode
- Making local adjustments with Capture One Pro
- Making prints
- Backing up Capture One Pro catalogs
Skill Level Beginner
Tethered Shooting Fundamentalswith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Exteriorswith Richard Klein28m 58s Intermediate
1. Get Started with Capture One Pro
2. Organize Your Images
3. Basic Color Adjustments
4. Basic Exposure Adjustments
5. Work in the Composition Tab
6. Fine-Tune in the Details Tab
7. Metadata and Keywording
8. Exporting Images
9. Advanced Importing
10. Tethered Shooting
Review shoot results4m 22s
11. Local Adjustments and Styles
12. File and Catalog Management
Next steps3m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.