Some areas of an image might need better detail resolution. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how to use localized Clarity and Sharpening in Capture One Pro, which is an advanced image management and editing application for profession and enthusiast photographers.
- [Instructor] It seems like every time I see…a Sharpening movie,…one where you're using a brush it's on a model's eyes…so I thought, heck, we're going to do some different.…Let's use Sharpening and Clarity…on some product photography, here,…because that is another good use of it.…So we have the shot here and overall I like the shot…but we have a battery, a battery charger, a strap,…we have the nameplate up here,…I'd like to sharpen those up a bit,…really make them look nice so I'm going to do that.…
So I'll go over to my brush,…I'm just going to hit the B key, actually,…give me my brushing tool and let's do some painting.…We're actually doing Masking so we'll Mask this right here…and we'll do this down here, get this guy.…Make sure we get all the letters.…Let's do this part of the strap here.…That'll be fun, huh?…Get that.…Do we want to do these?…Ah, let's do 'em, come on, live a little (man laughing).…
Who doesn't like sharp grips, right?…(man laughing)…Do this one too…and we'll do the nameplate, there we go.…All right, excellent.…
- Adjusting a specific hue with the Color Editor
- Minimizing an offending color in the Color Editor
- Fine tuning hues with Color Balance
- Exploring Color Balance presets
- Addressing a specific tone with the Curve tool
- Exposure adjustment tricks
- Using brushing tools in the Local Adjustments tab
- Making color corrections to specific areas
- Speeding up your workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Tethered Shootingwith Richard Harrington2h 30m Beginner
1. Color Adjustments
2. Tonal Adjustments
3. Localized Adjustments
4. Speed Up Your Workflow
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.