Capture NX 2 Essential Training
In this course, photographer and teacher Ben Long shows how to use the Nikon Capture NX2 photo-editing software to perform nondestructive sharpening, white balancing, tonal and color corrections, and more. The course covers how to set preferences and define an efficient postproduction workflow, how to perform and automate a wide variety of image edits, how to work with RAW files, and how to get the best results when printing.
- Exploring the Capture NX2 interface
- Navigating an image library with ViewNX, an alternative browser
- Cropping, straightening, and rotating an image
- Correcting contrast with Levels and Curves
- Boosting and balancing color
- Correcting color with Quick Fix versus Adjust
- Performing localized editing with U Point Control Points
- Making selections with the Selection Brush
- Converting images to black and white
- Colorizing or toning black-and-white images
- Reducing and enlarging images for print
- Adding localized sharpening
- Saving your work
- Soft proofing and printing
- Hi, my name is Ben Long, and welcome to Nikon Capture NX2 essential training. There are a lot of image editing programs out there, but if you're a Nikon shooter, Capture NX might be the only one you need. Capture NX gives you a single application that provides raw conversion, image editing, and workflow management. In this course, we're going to explore all the ins and outs of all of Capture NX2's features. We're going to start with the browser. We'll look at how you can use Capture NX to manage your workflow from ingest to output, You'll see how to tag images with metadata, how to sort and filter and label, and how all of these tools can help speed your post production.
Capture NX2 is a completely non-destructive image editing system, and we'll explore what that means, and what it's advantages are as we work through all of its editing tools, including its exceptional viewpoint controls, which make complex localized editing very, very easy. Total correction, color correction, black and white conversion, all those will be covered, as well as raw conversion and batch processing. And finally, we'll look at output, and discuss the details of sizing, sharpening, color management, and printing.
Capture NX2 has it all, and in this course, you'll see it all in action. So grab your mouse, and let's get started.
Artist in Action: Joseph Linaschke's Large Scale Black-and-White Photographs45,468 Views
Top 5 Tips for Search-Friendly Press Releases30,124 Views
Premiere Pro Guru: Organizing Assets113,681 Views
Hard Surface Sculpting and Retopologizing in CINEMA 4D33,829 Views
Dreamweaver: 2014 Creative Cloud Updates32,355 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,780,276 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,762,725 Views
Foundations of Photography: Composition3,630,745 Views
Shooting with the Nikon D800825,136 Views
Lightroom CC Essential Training (2015)1,128,423 Views