Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the mouse, part of Captivate Projects: Mobile and Responsive Design.
- When you create a software simulation with Captivate,…Captivate records the mouse movements you make…on the screen, and can also insert text captions,…highlight boxes and more, for you automatically.…And to make sure your project is HTML5 compatible,…there's just a few tiny details to mention…about the mouse object as it moves around the screen.…And here's a software simulation…that I recorded using Captivate,…which shows me moving my mouse around…The Landon Hotel website, and clicking on different things.…So here's the small thing to note…about the mouse object on the stage.…
Here on slide one, I'm going to select…the mouse on the stage, I'm going to open up…my timeline and my properties as well.…Now in the properties panel, there are a number…of options related to the mouse that come up.…If you haven't seen these, you can look…through them and check them out.…Most are pretty self-explanatory.…The one to watch out for is this item down here…near the bottom, Show Mouse Click, and then, Default Entry.…If I preview this project in a browser,…
- Using the HTML5 Tracker
- Choosing mobile-friendly dimensions and controls
- Adding gesture support and geolocation features
- Adding video
- Ensuring mobile compatibility for nonresponsive projects
- Utilizing smart positioning
- Creating responsive quizzes and simulations
- Previewing and publishing a mobile Captivate project
Skill Level Intermediate
Articulate Storyline Advanced Techniqueswith Daniel Brigham2h 11m Intermediate
Captivate Projects: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design Essentials: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Mobile Compatibility and Features for Both Types of Projects
2. Ensuring Mobile Compatibility for Nonresponsive Projects
3. Designing Responsive Projects
4. Previewing and Publishing
Where to go from here1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.