In this video, learn what you you'll need to follow along in this course, such as the Captivate software, the version of Captivate used, and the type of computer and Windows versions needed.
- [Instructor] Well, here's what you need to know before we begin our journey together on this course. Firstly, Captivate 2017 works on a Mac or Windows computer, but I'll be running Captivate on a Mac computer running OS X 10.12.3 or higher. That's what's required. Captivate will work on Windows PCs running Windows 7 with service pack one and higher, so if you're on a Windows PC and you're following along, just know it will look slightly different from the Captivate I'm using on the Mac. To playback the content we create, you're going to need the Flash Player 10 or later.
Also, Captivate 2017 comes with additional free assets that you need to download separately. I have downloaded these assets and if you want to see all of the assets I see in this course, you'll need to do the same. The link appears on the page that appears after you either download the free trial or purchase a copy of Captivate 2017. So, that's what you need to know if you're following along with me, but what is Captivate exactly and who uses it? That's coming up next.
- What is Captivate 2017?
- Touring the Captivate 2017 interface
- Building a project
- Using assets and interactions
- Adding animation
- Adding and programming buttons
- Adding audio and video
- Using voiceovers
- Elearning assessment basics
- Setting up a quiz
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Beginner
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.