Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know before starting this course, part of Building Elearning Games in Captivate.
- In this course, we're using Captivate 9…for Building Elearning.…So being, you'll get the most out of this course…if you've completed one of the up and running…or essential training courses on Captivate…or if you have an equivalent level of understanding…in using Captivate.…You'll want to be able to navigate around…a Captivate Project: being able to do things like…utilize slides in the film strip,…how to manipulate things in the timeline,…and work with basic quiz questions and settings.…We're going to be building a project…that utilizes several elements and dynamics of Gamification.…
A gamification can be a big term to unpack…because there's so many possibilities…of how to make something more game like…or more fun, and you want to do it…in a meaningful and appropriate way.…If you want more foundation on what exactly gamification is…and how you can apply it to your Elearning,…I recommend the course Gamification of Learning…with Karl Kapp.…You'll come away with a good definition…of what gamification is,…what different techniques and elements of gamification exist…
- Creating timed activities
- Adding an element of chance with a random number generator
- Using random question slides
- Tracking activity and score with advanced actions
- Utilizing Captivate 9's new knowledge check questions