Create software simulations and interactive elearning content and provide custom online training to employees or clients with Captivate.
- [Voiceover] Hi, and welcome to Up and Running with Captivate 7. I'm David Rivers. If you're new to Captivate, you'll learn enough to get started creating your own e-learning content from creating a project from scratch, to adding various types of assets, creating quizzes, and publishing your finished project. For those of you who have experience with previous versions of Captivate, you'll learn about many of the new features found in Captivate 7 to improve your authoring experience. For example, we'll work with drag and drop components now to make e-learning more fun.
We'll record system audio right alongside our narration. And, we'll explore some of the cool interactive elements you can now find in Captivate 7. We'll explore the many publishing options like publishing m-learning to HTML5 so your users can learn on their iPads and other mobile devices. There's lots to cover, so let's get started.
Learn how to make a presentation from scratch or with built-in themes, import images and PowerPoint slides, and add interest with animation, widgets, and video. Plus add built-in smart learning interactions to your projects, which add more complex interactivity. You'll also discover how to prepare for and record a software simulation, synchronize video, add audio, and build quizzes into your project.
- What is Captivate 7?
- What's new in Captivate 7?
- Setting up preferences
- Creating a project from scratch
- Creating a project from PowerPoint
- Adding text, shapes, and images
- Using hyperlinks, widgets, and interactive elements
- Inserting smart learning interactions
- Recording a software simulation
- Setting up a quiz
- Using multiple choice, true/false, and input questions
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Appropriate for all
iBooks Author Essential Trainingwith Chris Mattia6h 55m Appropriate for all
PowerPoint 2013 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton3h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Building a Presentation
3. Using Assets and Elements
4. Working with Media
5. Adding Software Simulations
6. Assessing Elearning
7. Publishing Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.