Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video Utilizing smart positioning, part of Captivate 8: Mobile and Responsive Design.
- Captivate offers a powerful feature…called Smart Positioning.…It allows you to really fine-tune…how objects on your screen appear…relative to other objects.…Let's check this out in a simple example.…I'm going to go to slide six,…here in our Landon Hotel project.…On this slide, we have an image of a woman.…Now, when I select her, and we look in the properties area…over on the Position tab,…we see that her position's being calculated…from the top left of the slide.…We can see that because top and left…are both set to percent.…
In terms of the way that she is sized…throughout the breakpoints,…the height it set to percent and the width is set to auto.…So you can see that, as we go…through the different breakpoints,…she scales in a way that makes sense with the background,…and she stays centered in about the same spot.…Now we're going to add a text bubble.…I'm going to go to the Shapes menu,…and choose a call-out.…And I will draw the call-out…and I'll change the little tail of it here,…so it looks like it's coming from the lady.…
- Using the HTML5 Tracker
- Choosing mobile-friendly dimensions and controls
- Adding gesture support and geolocation features
- Adding video
- Ensuring mobile compatibility for nonresponsive projects
- Utilizing smart positioning
- Creating responsive quizzes and simulations
- Previewing and publishing a mobile Captivate project
Skill Level Intermediate
Articulate Storyline: Advanced Techniqueswith Daniel Brigham2h 11m Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Mobile Compatibility and Features for Both Types of Projects
2. Ensuring Mobile Compatibility for Nonresponsive Projects
3. Designing Responsive Projects
4. Previewing and Publishing
Where to go from here1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.