Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Adobe Captivate for Systems Training.
- [Instructor] All the assets you need for this course are provided for you in the exercise files. There's a folder for each unit of the course. Inside each folder is a start folder and an end folder. The start folder shows what the project looks like at the start of that tutorial, and provides any additional assets that you may need. The end folder shows what the end state of the project looks like if you follow all the steps that I show you. There is one file in particular I'd like to point out. It's this Excel spreadsheet that appears in the start folder for several chapters.
If you don't have Excel or for some reason have difficulty opening the spreadsheet, a backup option would be to open the Excel spreadsheet using Google. So, here's how to do that. You'll need to have your own Google account and go to Google Drive. You can get there by going to drive.google.com. I've already signed into my Google account, and here in Google Drive, I'm in a folder that I've created called Excel. And this is where I'm going to upload the Excel document to. You can upload your copy of the Excel into whatever folder or place on your Google Drive that you want.
So, I'm going to click the New button, here on the upper left, and choose File upload. I'm going to navigate to the Excel file on my computer and click Open. Once it's uploaded, you can right click on it and choose Open with Google Sheets. And it'll convert the Excel file into a Google Sheet. So, the Excel on your local computer or the Google version of the spreadsheet will work. In this course, I'll be using the Excel version. Of course, if you don't have access to the exercise files, you can follow along from scratch with your own assets.
- Recording software simulations
- Choosing the right type of project
- Configuring settings
- Recording a simulation
- Utilizing efficient formatting
- Manipulating styles for visual objects
- Refining transitions and timing
- Configuring text entry boxes
- Positioning objects in responsive projects
- Tracking user progress
- Using question slides and knowledge check slides